Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Search & Rescue... Well Not Really Rescue

Search & Rescue Two

Well, I haven't written anything with most of my recent posts, but today you will be happy to know that there are words to accompany this photo. So, it all began when Ryan called me at about 1 p.m. today and told me that the Midland County Search and Rescue Dive Team was going out into the county to look for a safe that was stolen in a recent church robbery. When I arrived to the place they were supposed to be searching, no one was there, so I waited... and waited... and waited some more, until finally they came rolling in. But before I go any further, let me tell you, it was worth it. I felt like I was on an episode of Law & Order. The detectives told me that some guy that was currently in the clink (on an unrelated charge) tipped them to the location of the safe. He said that he had helped a man dump it into a creek following the robbery. Well, after about two hours of searching, and one location change (they didn't find it at the spot their snitch tipped them to), nothing happened. The safe was still missing. The only thing they recovered was a rusty old bike. But, who cares? I got to see grown me play in an icy creek in bright red suits! How cool is that? Enjoy!

No comments:

Blog Archive