Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Senator Clinton

Hillary

Well, it's been a while. Eight days to be exact. I have a good excuse though. I've been working on a photo story for work. My wonderful boss Ryan Wood gave me all of last week, and the first few days of this week to work on this story, and nothing else. How many papers allow you to do that? My job may have its ups and downs, but I love it. Anyway, the story that I've been working on is about a couple, Mike and Jamie Brandmair, who have fostered over 30 children. Currently, they have three biological children, six adopted, and one foster child living with them. They also recently took in Jamie's younger brother who is 19. So, needless to say, they have a full house. They were very welcoming to one more though. I thoroughly enjoyed spending the week with them, and I can't wait to share their story with you, which I should have edited by early next week.

Okay, I'll bet by now you're wondering what this has to do with good ole' Hillary Clinton. Well, Mike and Jamie went to Washington, D.C. on Monday to receive an award from the Angels in Adoption for their work, and I tagged along. Hillary spoke to the families receiving the award at a gala held Tuesday night in their honor. No one was expecting her, so it was a complete surprise to everyone, including the Brandmairs. I didn't shoot much of her because I felt guilty, because she was not why I was there, but I liked this image enough to blog about it, so there. Enjoy!

No comments:

Blog Archive