Monday, August 18, 2008

Fair Folk



So...let me first apologize for not blogging in over thirteen days. This whole blog thing is new to me, and I just haven't made it a priority yet, but I digress. This past week was the Midland County Fair. I shot a few different assignments there, but none were as much fun as Fair Folk (a portrait series that the wonderfully talented Brett Marshall started). The concept was to find people at the fair who were interesting and who, as a whole, encompassed the "country fair" atmosphere. Here is what I came up with. It's tough to fill Brett's shoes, but I thought this went really well. Oh, and I also did a small Soundslides pice to go with this, which you can checkout at http://home.ourmidland.com/multiMedia/soundslides/fair081608/. I wasn't as happy with this, simply because none of the people sounded very excited to be at the fair, so it lacks the energy I was looking for, but it's still nice to put a voice with the faces. The end. Bye for now.

P.S. A big thanks to Tim Hussin for giving me the code to use Soundslides on my blog. I couldn't have done it without him. :)

2 comments:

brett marshall said...

i nice collections of "folks" this year and your final presentation blew mine away. nice work, and the shoes are much smaller than you think. i'd say you're already stretching them out.

Kevin Benedict said...

Nathan - you found some colorful folks. The fair queen in multiple attires is a nice touch. Way to run with it. Brett - your idea has made it all possible.

Blog Archive